FX Growth Fact Sheet
Part of the Multiple Portfolio Fund approved by the FSC (Offering Circular)
What is the Barita Unit Trusts FX Growth Portfolio?
The Barita Unit Trusts FX Growth Portfolio is similar to a mutual fund that enables small and large investors to pool their savings in a common fund which has the potential of earning higher rates. It allows investors to take advantage of investment opportunities in a wide variety of instruments that would not normally be available to them as individual investors.
The Portfolio is a US$ Dollar denominated equity portfolio with investments in Foreign Currency Ordinary and Preference Shares of countries within the Commonwealth, Caricom and the United States and may extend to other sovereign governments as prescribed by the Financial Services Commission and the Bank of Jamaica.
Why invest in the Barita Unit Trusts FX Growth Portfolio?
- This Portfolio provides a hedge against devaluation with its investments in foreign currency instruments.
- The portfolio is for investors who are investing for the long term (five to ten years) and are interested in providing a hedge against inflation.
- The Portfolio is professionally managed to maximize the greatest returns to investors.
- Investors benefit from pooling to earn competitive interest rates.
- Monies are invested in a Fund that is governed and secured by a Trust Deed.
Are the Funds safe?
Barita Investments Limited, the parent company of Barita Unit Trusts Management Company Limited is listed on the Jamaica Stock Exchange and is licensed by the Financial Services Commission. Assets in Barita’s Unit Trusts FX Growth Portfolio are held by an independent Trustee – First Caribbean International Securities Limited, as prescribed by the Trust Deed.
Under the Trust Deed, the investments and cash must be registered in the name of and held by the Trustee on behalf of the unit holders. This means that investors monies are 100% segregated from Barita as well as First Caribbean International Securities Limited.
How does it work?
- You purchase units in the Barita Unit Trusts FX Growth Portfolio, and a minimum purchase of 100 units is required to open an account.
- Investments may be made through:
- An agreed salary deduction from your employer.
- Cheques (personal or payable to Barita Unit Trusts Management Co. Ltd.).
- Our ‘Debit Invest’ facility, where you may use your debit card to process JA$ transactions up to a maximum of JA $150,000 daily.
- Cash up to a maximum of US $500 or JA$100,000.
- Please note that these terms are subject to change without notice.
- You may encash at anytime with 5 days notice. There are however provisions for emergencies. (Please note, penalties apply if encashed within 90 days of purchase).
- Semiannual statements are provided to all account holders, and on demand.
Learn more about our new FX Growth Portfolio
Barita Unit Trust Rates