FX Bond Fact Sheet
Part of the New Multiple Portfolio Fund approved by the FSC (Offering Circular)
What is the Barita Unit Trusts FX Bond Portfolio?
The Barita Unit Trusts FX Bond Portfolio is similar to a mutual fund that enables small and large investors to pool their savings in a common fund with the potential of earning higher rates. It also allows investors to take advantage of investment opportunities in a wide variety of instruments that would not normally be available to them as individual investors.
The Portfolio is US$ denominated with investments in foreign-currency interest bearing instruments of:
- Local Government Securities
- Sovereign Government Securities
- Local institutions of A-grade rating
- Corporate enterprises of A-grade rating
Why invest in the Barita Unit Trusts FX Bond Portfolio?
- This Portfolio provides a hedge against devaluation with its investments in foreign currency instruments.
- The Portfolio is professionally managed to maximize the greatest returns to investors.
- Investors benefit from pooling to earn competitive interest rates.
- Monies are invested in a Fund that is governed and secured by a Trust Deed.
Are the funds safe?
Barita Investments Limited, the parent company of Barita Unit Trusts Management Company Limited is listed on the Jamaica Stock Exchange and is licensed by the Financial Services Commission. Assets in Barita's Unit Trusts FX Bond Portfolio are held by an independent Trustee – First Caribbean International Securities Limited, as prescribed by the Trust Deed.
Under the Trust Deed, the investments and cash must be registered in the name of and held by the Trustee on behalf of the unit holders. This means that investors monies are 100% segregated from Barita as well as First Caribbean International Securities Limited.
How does it work?
- You purchase units in the Barita Unit Trusts FX Bond Portfolio, and a minimum purchase of 100 units is required to open an account.
- The pool of funds is divided into units and is valued on a daily basis by adding accrued interests to all principal sums invested, subtracting changes as specified in the trust deed then dividing the net amount by all units in issue to realize the unit price.
- Investments may be made through:
- An agreed salary deduction from your employer.
- Cheques (personal or payable to Barita Unit Trusts Management Co. Ltd.).
- Our 'Debit Invest' facility, where you may use your debit card to process transactions up to a maximum of JA $150,000 daily for conversion to US dollar.
- Cash up to a maximum of US $500 or JA$100,000.
- Please note that these terms are subject to change without notice.
- You may encash at anytime with 5 days notice. There are however provisions for emergencies.
- (Please note, penalties apply if encashed within 90 days of purchase).
- Semiannual statements are provided to all account holders, and on demand.
Barita Unit Trust Rates
Barita Unit Trusts